Monday, June 22, 2009

Sometimes I get a little confused

Like... why did this recipe call for 2 (12-ounce) cans of refrigerated buttermilk??? I've made it before and just could not remember in which step the buttermilk was used. (This was while I was at the grocery store attempting to fulfill one of the last items on my long list.) For the life of me I could not find canned, refrigerated buttermilk. There's canned evaporated milk and canned sweetened condensed milk, but no canned buttermilk. Deciding that even though I couldn't remember using buttermilk last time I made this recipe, I should probably still purchase all of the ingredients so that I wouldn't have to return to Publix (where I quite successfully avoided having the bagger walk me to my car! YES!!!) So I got my jug of buttermilk, that was the best I could do instead of 2 (12-ounce) jars, and my one roll of 10 biscuits along with all the other items on the list and proudly returned to my temporary home where my confusion was suddenly cleared when I re-read this...Guess I'll have to stop by the store again after all. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like father/mother, like daughter. This reminds me of the time Mom and I went to a lake party for some friends who were getting married. The only problem was that we came a day early! So, we improvished about clothes, toiletries, etc. The girl's sister and brother-in-law where gracious enough to let us spend the night. We had a blast.

Anonymous said...

I loved every minute of you recounting this shopping trip. I'm usually the one that we are laughing about. This time it was definitely you! Mom

amy said...

that's hilarious.

Greta said...

You should've posted a picture of the deliciousness that you were making. AND next time you're here, we should totally make it...because it's that "bad good".
Oh, and I'm sure Sam would love to help us while we're "cook-nin".